Daventry District Council currently runs the following social media pages and feeds:
@daventrydc (Daventry District Council news updates)
@love_daventry (Love Daventry)
/daventrydistrict (Main DDC page)
/daventrycountrypark (Daventry Country Park)
/lovedaventrydistrict (Love Daventry)
Management of social media
Daventry District Council's social media channels are managed by DDC’s Communications Team, who try to respond to as many comments as they can, however this isn’t always possible. The Council does not currently monitor its social media accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Posts can sometimes be missed during busy social media traffic.
Sometimes our Communications Team will send your questions to other Council teams to find out information for you, so it may take a while for them to respond to you. We do not respond to anonymous users on social media sites.
If your query is serious or urgent, a complaint or request about a service, or involves personal details, please contact our Customer Services team directly.
Moderation of social media sites
The Council may moderate content on its social media sites and pages and reserves the right to remove or report any postings or contributions that could be deemed inappropriate by DDC or break the following guidelines:
- Keep your messages appropriate, civil and polite
- Do not post messages that are unlawful, abusive, defamatory, harassing or threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually orientated or racially offensive
- Don’t swear
- Please take care not to make libellous statements. In law this means a statement that lowers the reputation of a person or organisation in the eyes of a reasonable person. By publishing such a statement we can both get into serious trouble. We will therefore take down any statement that could be deemed to be libellous.
- Don't post content copied from elsewhere, for which you do not own the copyright
- Don't publicise your, or anyone else's, personal information, such as contact details
- Don't impersonate someone else
- Don't post the same message, or very similar messages, more than once (also called "spamming")
- People who persistently contravene these rules may be blocked from posting messages or comments on our social media sites