**The deadline for applications has now closed**
A discretionary fund has been set up to accommodate certain small businesses who are not eligible for Small Business Grant Fund or the Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Fund.
In order to be eligible your business must be small (under 50 employees) and meet the eligibility criteria set out below and you must also be able to demonstrate that you have seen a significant drop of income due to Coronavirus restriction measures.
This fund is aimed at small businesses with ongoing fixed property-related costs such as:
- Small businesses in shared offices or other flexible workspaces
- Bed & Breakfasts which pay Council Tax instead of Business Rates
- Charity properties in receipt of charitable business rates relief who would otherwise have been eligible for Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rate.
Eligible businesses may include:
- Small and micro businesses
- Businesses with relatively high ongoing fixed property-related costs
- Businesses which can demonstrate that they have suffered a significant fall in income due to the COVID-19 crisis
- Businesses which occupy property, or part of a property, with a rateable value or annual rent or annual mortgage payments below £51,000.
To be eligible, businesses must have been trading on 11 March 2020 and still trading. No grants will be paid to businesses that are eligible for any other support scheme (other than the Coronavirus Job Retention scheme and the Self Employed Income Support scheme).
Download the full eligibility criteria here
How much will be paid?
Daventry District Council will pay grants out of up to £10,000.
How to apply
To apply for this grant, please download an application form here.
Alternatively you can request a paper copy of the application form by telephoning 01327 871100.
Once you have completed your application form, you should send it along with any supporting evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Discretionary Grants Scheme
Daventry District Council
All applications along with all relevant supporting evidence must be received by the end of Sunday 14 June 2020.