This web site has been created, and is maintained, by and on behalf of Daventry District Council. The following are the terms and conditions of use of this web site, and if you do not accept these you must not use the web site.
Use of this web site is taken to mean that you have accepted these terms and conditions.
Unless specified to the contrary, all intellectual property rights pertaining to or included in this web site and its contents are the exclusive property of Daventry District Council. Any unauthorised reproduction and/or use is strictly prohibited, unless prior written permission has been granted to you by Daventry District Council.
The information contained in this web site is intended for general information only. Daventry District Council makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy or availability of such information, and shall not be responsible in any way for any use of or reliance on such information by any person.
Daventry District Council is not responsible for any sites that may be accessed from links contained in this web site, and makes no representation or warranty as to their availability, or the suitability or accuracy of their content. If you choose to link to these sites you do so at your own risk.
Daventry District Council makes no representation or warranty that use of this web site, or materials downloaded from it, will not cause computer virus infection or other damage to property.
You are advised to ensure that you have adequate measures to prevent any such problems.
These Terms and Conditions of Use may be changed from time to time, and you are responsible for regularly reviewing this information to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
These Terms and Conditions of Use are governed By English law, and any dispute connected with this site is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
This web site is owned and maintained by Daventry District Council. The use of this web site is subject to the following terms and conditions which you should read carefully.
If you proceed to access any information on our web pages this will constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions which means that you agree to be legally bound by them.
If you do not wish to accept any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our web site.
Please take the time to read these terms and conditions of use of the Daventry District Council web site(s). The contents of this web site, including these terms and conditions of use, are subject to change by us, without notification and it is your responsibility to ensure that you have read and understood them.
Please note that the acceptance of these terms and conditions includes the giving of your consent as is required under The Data Protection Act 1998 to the processing of your personal information as is necessary to carry out your instructions concerning the Online Payments Service.
Copyright c Daventry District Council
These pages are copyright protected, unless stated otherwise. All rights reserved.
You are only allowed to print, download or temporarily store extracts from our Internet web site(s) for your personal, non-commercial use, or information or when you use the Internet Online Payments Service. You must keep any copyright or other notices contained in the original material on any of the material you download.
You are not allowed to alter, copy, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, or transfer anything on this web site and any other use is prohibited unless you first get our express written consent. No one may use any part of our internet web site(s) on any other web site, or link any other web site to our internet web site(s), without such consent.
The law of England and Wales applies to these terms and conditions and to the content of our web site(s).
The information supplied via this website will only be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Information you supply will be shared internally to allow the Council to assess your request, but not shared with any other Authority, except to prevent fraud, or if required to do so by law.
The Council will use basic personal information (such as a name and address) for a Customer Relationship Management system, this is to provide our customers with a joined up, efficient and effective service.
We will not pass on information about you received via our Website(s) to third parties without your prior knowledge and consent. It may be necessary to share the information with Council Contractors to enable us to assist/provide a service to you.
The Council has a duty to protect the public purse and may make appropriate enquiries in order to substantiate information you supply.
If you knowingly give the Council false information you could face a civil penalty. The information given here is for guidance only and is not a full definition of the law.
The Council may rely on the information you provide and may refer to it in any legal proceedings.
For further information, please see the Data Protection pages
Daventry District Council operates the Online Web Payments Facility managed by Capita Business Services Limited. To enable us to process your application to make a payment/view your account, it is necessary to share the information you provide to us with this Company.
The Data Protection Act 1998 states that you must provide your consent for us to share your personal information with a third party and you must be informed that we intend to do so. Your data will only be used for this purpose unless we specify otherwise. Your acceptance of these terms and conditions provides us with your consent to share your personal information specifically for the purpose of processing your application.
Which are temporary Cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site. This information is not stored after you have left the site.
Which remain in the Cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie but this may be indefinitely or until deleted).
Read more information on Cookies
We collect web statistics automatically about your visit to our site. This information is used to aid development of the website and its content and to audit usage of the site. The information gathered in this way will not be used for any other purpose. These statistics do not contain personal data and cannot be traced back to an individual.
Daventry District Council is committed to the highest standards of quality of information. If there are any items of incorrect information would you please email firstname.lastname@example.org advise which page contains the error.
Daventry District Council makes every effort to ensure that information contained in these pages is accurate and up to date. However, we cannot guarantee that inaccuracies will not occur and we cannot give you any warranty nor can we make any representation regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content of our web site. The Council, it's employees or agents cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of use of this web site, or reliance on the information provided or any other information accessed via these web pages. The Council accepts no liability for any such loss, damage or inconvenience and it is up to the User to satisfy himself of the suitability of the web site(s) which he uses entirely at his own risk. Access to and use of this web site is at the user's own risk and the Council does not warrant that the use of this web site or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection.
Daventry District Council is not responsible for the contents or accuracy of any linked web sites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. These links are provided for your convenience and do not imply that we endorse or support those organisations, the information on their pages, or their products or services in any way. These sites are not under the control of Daventry District Council and we cannot be responsible for their content. We cannot guarantee that these links will work at all times and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages. You link to such web sites at your own risk. The Council cannot be liable for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of such third party web sites.
Remember that you must have read and understood all of the terms and conditions in this Statement and your use of our web pages is deemed your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- You agree to comply with the terms and conditions and any security procedures which apply at any time
- You agree not to discuss any security procedures with anyone else at any time
Processing your instructions
- An Instruction means any request or instruction to the Council which is effected through the On Line Payments Service.
- You request and authorise the Council to rely on and act upon all apparently valid instructions as instructions properly authorised by you, even if they may conflict with any other mandate given at any time concerning your accounts or affairs and the Council may debit your account with any amount it has paid or incurred in accordance with any instructions.
- An instruction will only be accepted by the Council if it has been effected through the On Line Payments Service using the appropriate Security Procedures but the Council will not further check the authenticity of an Instruction.
- You agree that the Council can act on any Instructions given to us even if these Instructions were not authorised by you.
- The Council may refuse to act on an Instruction.
- The Council may suspend or refuse the On Line Payments Service for any reason and at any time. (This should only be necessary if we suspect an error or fraud, or need to maintain the equipment).
- You must make sure that any Instruction is accurate and complete. The Council is not liable for any error if this is not the case.
- The Council will make reasonable efforts to process your Instruction without undue delay but a transaction being carried out is not always simultaneous with an Instruction being given. Some matters may take time to process and may only be processed during normal banking hours even although the On Line Payments Service may be accessible outside such hours.
- The Council will take reasonable care to ensure that any information provided to you by the On Line Payments Service is an accurate reflection of the information contained in our computer system or, where the information is provided by a third party, accurately reflects the information we receive from that third party. Due to the nature of the product and circumstances beyond our control, we do not warrant that the information provided by the On Line Payment Service is accurate or error free. If you rely on that information, you do so subject to the disclaimer above.
- The Council shall not be liable to you for any loss you may suffer due to any event or circumstances beyond our reasonable control which leads to the On Line Payments Service being unavailable.
- You agree that unless the Council specifically agrees with you otherwise, we shall have no liability whatsoever for any equipment, software or associated user documentation which any party other than us produces at any time for use in connection with the On Line Payments Service or, any services through which you access the On Line Payments Service or which you access through the On Line Payments Service which are not controlled by us.
- The Council's records, will be evidence of your dealings with us in connection with the On Line Payments Service. Our records will at all times remain as the valid record of any account.
- You agree not to object to the admission of our records as evidence in any legal proceedings because such records are not originals, are not in writing or are documents produced by a computer.
- You may not make, nor allow to be made, any alteration or amendment whatsoever to the information available on our web site(s) and On Line Payments Service. If any alteration or amendment is found by the Council to have been made, legal action may be instigated against you. The Council's records will always override any other version you may produce.
- You are only allowed to print, download or temporarily store extracts from our internet web site(s) for your personal information or when you use the On Line Payments Service. You are not allowed to alter anything and any other use is prohibited unless you first obtain our specific written consent You may not, nor may you allow any other person to, use any part of our internet web site(s) on any other web site, or link any other web site to our internet web site(s), without such consent.
- In this document, the following references will include reference to Daventry District Council - 'the Council', 'we', 'our', 'us'.
- The Council may at any time appoint one or more agents to provide all or any part of the On Line Payments Service and references to 'the Council', 'we', 'us', or 'our' will include references to such agents.
- We may modify these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- If you think we have made a mistake, please let us know and we will try to resolve matters. However, if you remain dissatisfied and would like further information on our process for resolving complaints, please see our complaints procedure on our website.