If your unwanted household items are in good condition please consider donating them to The Furniture Hub.
A bulky waste collection service is offered by the Council (undertaken by West Northamptonshire Norse), allowing people to arrange for unwanted large and bulky items of household furniture or appliances to be collected from outside their home.
The items you wish to dispose of will be collected on the arranged collection day and should be left at the kerbside for collection by 6:30am on that day.
Please empty and clean white goods (kitchen appliances), otherwise they will not be taken. Any additional item left with booked items or any items not as described will not be taken. You must tell us of any changes to the booked items at least two working days before collection.
Neither the Council, nor West Northamptonshire Norse shall be liable for any incident, damage or accident, however caused, arising from the exercise of the Council, West Northamptonshire Norse or any other organisation working on their behalf, through its officers, workmen or agents, of the rights and obligations hereby granted.
Items collected may be recycled, reused or disposed of at the Council's discretion.
- Please note this service is for residential properties only - if you are a business requiring collection of large or bulky items, you will can contact West Northamptonshire Norse for a commercial waste collection quote.
How to arrange a collection of large/bulky items:
The charges for this service are as follows:
- £25 (inc VAT) for up to three items
- £40 (inc VAT) for up to six items
(PLEASE NOTE THESE FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE)
This list is not exhaustive. Please contact us if you are unsure whether we will collect a specific item.
Please note that some items will be classed at three items even if they are part of a bigger item.
- 3 Piece Suite equates to 3 items.
- Bedstead and mattress equates to 2 items.
- Divan bed base, mattress and headboard equates to 3 items.