West Northamptonshire Joint Planning Unit
The West Northamptonshire Joint Planning Unit (JPU) is a partnership of Daventry District Council, South Northamptonshire Council, Northampton Borough Council and Northamptonshire County Council.
It was originally established to support the work of the Joint Strategic Planning Committee, particularly through the preparation of the Joint Core Strategy for West Northamptonshire, which was adopted in December 2014.
The partner Councils have now established a new Joint Planning and Infrastructure Board (JPIB) which will oversee the preparation of a new Strategic Plan for the West Northamptonshire area. The JPU are supporting the work of the JPIB.
The new plan will follow on from the West Northamptonshire Joint Core Strategy, which needs updating to reflect revised national policies and changing local circumstances. These include plans for a new West Northamptonshire unitary authority and the area’s location within the Oxford-Cambridge Arc which the government has identified as an area of significant economic potential.
Please find out more by visiting the West Northamptonshire Joint Planning Unit's website
Residents are invited to give their feedback on an ‘Issues Consultation Paper’, an early-stage document which aims to stimulate an initial public debate about what sort of things the new Strategic Plan should consider, such as housing requirements, priorities for economic development and community infrastructure needs.
How to take part in the Issues Consultation:
- Copies will be available for viewing in all the local public libraries across West Northamptonshire area from the week commencing 12 August. Locations and opening times are available on the county council’s website
You can view the document at the councils’ offices:
- Daventry District Council, Lodge Road, Daventry NN11 4FP
- Northampton Borough Council, The Guildhall, St Giles’ Square, Northampton NN1 1DE
- Northamptonshire County Council, ONE Angel Square, Northampton, NN1 1ED
- South Northamptonshire Council, The Forum, Moat Lane, Towcester, NN12 6AD.
People can visit public exhibitions where officers will be present to answer questions:
- Towcester - The Forum, Moat Lane (NN12 6AD) on Tuesday 10 September from 2-7pm
- Northampton - The Guidhall Court Room, St Giles' Square (NN1 1DE) on Wednesday 11 September from 2-7pm
- Daventry - Town Council offices, New Street (NN11 4BT) on Monday 16 September from 2-7pm
- Northampton - The Guidhall Court Room, St Giles' Square (NN1 1DE) on Tuesday 17 September from 2-7pm
- Naseby - Village Hall, Haselbech Road (NN6 6DE) on Wednesday 18 September from 2-7pm
- Brackley - Town Hall, High Street (NN13 7DS) on Thursday 19 September from 2-7pm.