Pitsford Neighbourhood Development Plan 2011-2029
Pitsford Parish Council and the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group submitted their final version of the Pitsford Neighbourhood Development Plan to the Council in August 2021. As the Local Planning Authority we are now required to undertake a consultation to provide an opportunities for all parties to comment on whether the submitted plan meets the basic conditions before it goes to examination. The basic conditions are that the plan:
- Must be appropriate having regard to National Policy
- Must contribute to the achievement of sustainable development
- Must be in general conformity with the strategic policies in the development plan for the local area
- Must be compatible with human rights requirements
- Must be compatible with EU obligations.
Please note that the current version of the plan is the version that will be submitted for examination. The consultation commences on Friday 27 August 2021 and will close at midnight on Friday 15 October 2021.
You can view the consultation documents by clicking on the links below:
Alternatively the documents are available to view at the following locations:
- Griffin Inn, 25 High Street, Pitsford, NN6 9AD, current opening hours: Tuesday 5-11pm, Wednesday/Thursday 12 noon-3pm & 5-11pm, Friday/Saturday/Sunday 12 noon-11pm
- Book Exchange Phone Box, High Street/Moulton Road, Pitsford
- Brixworth Library, Spratton Road, Brixworth, NN6 9DS, current opening hours: Monday - Friday 9am-5pm, Saturday 10am-2pm
- West Northamptonshire Council, Daventry Office, Lodge Road, Daventry, NN11 4FP (please phone the main Council number and ask for the Daventry Office to make an appointment)
- West Northamptonshire Council, Northampton Office, Guildhall, St Giles’ Square, Northampton, NN1 1DE
How can I submit my comments?
Comments can be made electronically or in writing by the following means:
In writing: Local Strategy, Daventry Area, West Northamptonshire Council, Lodge Road, Daventry, NN11 4FP
Comment forms can be downloaded here
You can request to be notified of West Northamptonshire Council’s decision to adopt the plan once an examination and referendum has taken place. Please do so using the comment form.
What Happens Next?
Following the 7 week consultation period, we will collate the responses received and submit them to an independent examiner who will consider them as part of the examination of the plan. The timing of this is not yet known. As soon as it is the website will be updated.