Arthingworth Neighbourhood Development Plan
Arthingworth Neighbourhood Development Plan 2029 Submission
West Northamptonshire Council and Arthingworth Parish Council have appointed an independent examiner, Andrew Ashcroft MRTPI to examine the neighbourhood plan. The examination is underway. The Examiner has determined that for an adequate examination, a hearing will take place.
The hearing details are as follows:
Date: Wednesday 4th October 2023
Venue: Arthingworth Village Hall, Kelmarsh Road, Arthingworth LE16 8JZ
Only invited individuals or organisations can participate in the hearing. The public are welcome to attend, but there will be no opportunity for other bodies or the public to participate. Details of the hearing can be found here
The independent examiner will assess the plan against the basic conditions.
The basic conditions of the plan;
- Must be appropriate having regard to National Policy
- Must contribute to the achievement of sustainable development
- Must be in general conformity with the strategic policies in the development plan for the local area
- Must be compatible with human rights requirements
- Must be compatible with EU obligations
What is the Arthingworth Neighbourhood Plan?
The Arthingworth Neighbourhood Development Plan is the emerging development for the Arthingworth neighbourhood area (covering the same area as the parish) for the period 2011 to 2029. On adoption it will form part of the Development Plan, which planning applications in the area will be assessed against. The plan includes policies which look to shape development, design guidelines and designates areas as Local Green Space.
You can view all of the consultation documents by clicking the links below;
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Arthingworth Parish Council for Appendices of the Neighbourhood Plan
- Email email@example.com or write
- Write to: Planning Policy Team, West Northamptonshire Council, The Forum, Moat Lane, Towcester, NN12 6AF