Arthingworth Neighbourhood Development Plan
Arthingworth Neighbourhood Development Plan 2029 Submission
Following the hearing on the neighbourhood plan on 4th October 2023, the independent examiner, Andrew Ashcroft MRTPI has completed his report. West Northamptonshire Council will now consider the examiner's recommendations including whether the Arthingworth Neighbourhood Plan should proceed to referendum. When there is a further update the website will be updated accordingly and if you responded to the submission consultation you will be notified directly.
The independent examiner will assess the plan against the basic conditions.
The basic conditions of the plan;
- Must be appropriate having regard to National Policy
- Must contribute to the achievement of sustainable development
- Must be in general conformity with the strategic policies in the development plan for the local area
- Must be compatible with human rights requirements
- Must be compatible with EU obligations
At its meeting of Planning Policy Council on 22 November 2023, West Northamptonshire Council agreed that the Arthingworth Neighbourhood Plan, as modified by the examiners recommendations, should proceed to referendum. The referendum relating to the Arthingworth Neighbourhood Plan will be held on 8th February 2024. Referendum information can be found here.
What is the Arthingworth Neighbourhood Plan?
The Arthingworth Neighbourhood Development Plan is the emerging development for the Arthingworth neighbourhood area (covering the same area as the parish) for the period 2021 to 2029. On adoption it will form part of the Development Plan, which planning applications in the area will be assessed against. The plan includes policies which look to shape development, design guidelines and designates areas as Local Green Space.
You can view all of the consultation documents by clicking the links below;
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Arthingworth Parish Council for Appendices of the Neighbourhood Plan
- Email email@example.com or write
- Write to: Planning Policy Team, West Northamptonshire Council, The Forum, Moat Lane, Towcester, NN12 6AF