West Northamptonshire Council (WNC) is in the process of reviewing conservation areas in the Daventry area, as well as considering new designations.
Reviews are carried out in consultation with local residents, according to the following process:
- Public presentation to introduce the review
- WNC officers produce draft Conservation Area Appraisal and Management Plan
- Six-week public consultation on draft Conservation Area Appraisal and Management Plan, including a public meeting
- WNC officers produce final Conservation Area Appraisal and Management Plan
- WNC councillors vote whether to adopt the Plan as a supplementary planning document, meaning it will be used to help determine planning decisions in future.
An online public presentation about the upcoming review of Canons Ashby Conservation Area will take place on Thursday 18 November from 6.30 – 7.30pm. To register to attend the presentation please email email@example.com
The council is currently undertaking a consultation on Article 4(1) Directions in some of our conservation areas until Tuesday 9th November. For more information, please visit this page
Adoption of Hellidon and Spratton Conservation Areas
A consultation on the Hellidon and Spratton Conservation Areas took has taken place.
At a meeting of the Council’s Cabinet on 14th September the revised Hellidon Conservation Area and new Spratton Conservation Area were designated and the Conservation Appraisal and Management Plans for each were adopted as a supplementary planning documents. It can be viewed below along with maps of the conservation area boundaries, adoption notices and statements of consultation.
An online public presentation about the upcoming review of Cottesbrooke Conservation Area took place on Wednesday 28 July from 6.30-7.30pm.
View slides and notes for the Cottesbrooke Conservation Area public presentation
An online public presentation about the upcoming review of Newnham Conservation Area took place on 22 June 2021.
An online public presentation about the upcoming review of Scaldwell Conservation Area took place on 8June 2021.