There are a wide range of other organisations working in Daventry District to support people looking for employment or work experience. Find out more below:
Work experience placements at Daventry District Council
The Council runs a range of work experience placements in partnership with JobCentre Plus which aim to offer flexible and rewarding work over a four-week period.
The placements are designed to provide on-going career support and on completion of the placement individuals will be provided with a reference - hopefully helping them in their search for paid employment.
The placements on offer include:
- Customer Contact Assistant
- Data Analyst (Customer Service)
- Community Projects Assistants (Events Management)
- Environmental Improvement Assistant
- Environment Protection Assistant
- Sports Development Assistants
- Project Marketing Assistant (Events Management)
- Care and Repair Assistant
Find out more by contacting the Council's HR team on 01327 871100.
Advice and guidance at Daventry JobCentre Plus
Daventry JobCentre Plus is based in the offices of Daventry District Council in Lodge Road NN11 4FP and offers a range of services to support people who are looking for employment.
JobCentres provide services to:
- Adults attempting to find employment
- Adults who need financial aid due to lack of employment
- Adults who need financial aid to help with the living costs associated with finding a job
- Adults who need financial aid because an illness means they are unable to work
JobCentre services include:
- In-house job-advisors
- Telephone advisors
- The Universal Jobmatch website (which is open to everyone)
Contact JobCentre Plus
Find a job with Universal Jobmatch
Find and apply for an apprenticeship
Employment and training support with Futures Gateways
Futures Housing Group offers employment and training support as part of a package to help improve opportunities and quality of life for its customers.
The programme offers a range of volunteer, work experience, apprenticeship, skills and learning opportunities together with support with job applications.
Find out more on the Futures Gateways website
Northampton College Daventry Campus
Northampton College offers a range of courses and apprenticeships at its Daventry Campus on Badby Road West.There are also a range of adult courses in maths, English, IT skills and more.
Find out more on the Northampton College website
Aim Higher Northamptonshire
This not-for-profit organisation works with schools, colleges, work-based learning providers and community projects covering a range of activities to widen and increase participation in the next level of learning, employment and training.
Find out more on the Aim Higher Northamptonshire website
National Careers Service
This Government-run service offers advice on the different stages of a job hunt, including how to improve your interview technique and write an effective CV. You can get help to search for your first job, get back into work or change career direction.
Find out more on the National Careers Service website