Care & Repair: Grants and funding

Care & Repair Daventry District can help you access any grants and funding support that is available to help pay for the cost of any work that is required on your home.  

One of our friendly caseworkers will visit you to discuss your needs and go through the eligibility criteria for each available grant. They can help you fill in the forms and will contact you to tell you whether you have been successful or not.

You can find out more about the grants that are available and the sort of work they can be used to fund below:

Download our latest promotional leaflet

Home Repairs Assistance Grants

Home Repairs Assistance Grants (HRAs) can provide up to £5,000 to fund a range of work including the replacement or repair of central heating boilers and radiators, new security measures, replacement windows and doors, roof repairs, and much more.

Who can apply?

To apply for a HRA grant you must be a homeowner over the age of 18 and be living in the property as your main residence.

You must also be in receipt of an income-related benefit such as:

  • Council Tax Reduction (not single occupancy reduction).
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit)
  • Tax Credits (Income-related)
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.

If you are unsure whether you are receiving a qualifying means-tested benefit, please contact us by emailing or phoning 0300 126 7000 

What type of work is considered?

The grants covers a wide range of essential repairs, adaptations and improvements including:

  • Repairs to leaking roofs and guttering
  • New door and window locks
  • Replacements for draughty and rotten windows and doors
  • Central heating repairs and installation
  • Essential minor repair works
  • Plus many more


Top-up grants available

For work costing more than £5,000, eligible homeowners can also access a further £5,000 in the form of an interest-free loan, repayable only when the property is sold.

Find out if you're eligible for a Home Repairs Assistance Grant by:

  • Filling in our online referral form 
  • Emailing
  • Phoning us on 0300 126 7000

Download one of our Home Repairs Assistance Grant info sheets

Care and repair HRA

Disabled Facilities Grants

Disabled Facilities Grants (DFGs) can provide up to £30,000 to help people with a disability pay for a range of necessary improvements and adaptations to their home. The amount awarded is also subject to confirmation of the assessed needs of the disabled person by a suitably qualified professional.

Who can apply?

To apply for a DFG you or someone living in the property must be disabled. A disabled person under the age of 18 is entitled to  the maximum £30,000, but if you are 18 or over the amount you can apply for will depend on your income and savings.

You are eligible to apply for a DFG if you receive any of the following:

  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Personal Independent Payment
  • Council Tax Reduction (not single occupancy reduction)
  • Income support
  • Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Guarantee Pension Credit

If you do not receive any of the above you may still be eligible. Email or contact us on 0300 126 7000 to find out.

What type of work is considered?

The grants can fund a wide range of projects including:

  • Widening doors
  • Installing ramps
  • Stairlifts or hoists
  • Level access showers
  • Ground floor bathroom or bedroom adaptations
  • Driveway and parking solutions
  • Plus many more.


Find out if you're eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant by:

  • Filling in our online referral form 
  • Emailing
  • Phoning us on 0300 126 7000

Download one of our Disabled Facilities Grant booklets

Care & Repair DFG
Care and repair ramp
Care and repair bathroom

Care & Repair Hardship Fund

Grants of up to £500 in any 12 month period are available to assist disabled, elderly and vulnerable applicants who are facing financial hardship, to help them to live independently and safely.

Who can apply?

You can apply for a Care & Repair Hardship Fund if the following apply:

  • You are in receipt of a means tested benefit
  • You have no family members living locally
  • You are disabled, vulnerable or aged 60+
  • You have been a permanent resident within Daventry district for the last 3 years.


What does the fund cover?

  • Minor plumbing or heating repairs such as new taps or washers and repairs to leaking radiators
  • Internal painting
  • Minor electrical checks and repairs to things such as faulty plug sockets and broken light fittings
  • Minor repairs to roofs, draughty doors, and windows
  • Security measures such as repairs to doors and windows/locks
  • Garden clearance or tidy.


Find out if you're eligible for the Care and Repair Hardship Fund by:

  • Filling in our online referral form 
  • Emailing
  • Phoning us on 0300 126 7000

Download one of our Hardship Fund leaflets


home repair