Home Repairs Assistance Grants (HRAs) can provide up to £5,000 to fund a range of work including the replacement or repair of central heating boilers and radiators, new security measures, replacement windows and doors, roof repairs, and much more.
Who can apply?
To apply for a HRA grant you must be a homeowner over the age of 18 and be living in the property as your main residence.
You must also be in receipt of an income-related benefit such as:
- Council Tax Reduction (not single occupancy reduction).
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit)
- Tax Credits (Income-related)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
If you are unsure whether you are receiving a qualifying means-tested benefit, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or phoning 01327 871100.
What type of work is considered?
The grants covers a wide range of essential repairs, adaptations and improvements including:
- Repairs to leaking roofs and guttering
- New door and window locks
- Replacements for draughty and rotten windows and doors
- Central heating repairs and installation
- Essential minor repair works
- Plus many more
Top-up grants available
For work costing more than £5,000, eligible homeowners can also access a further £5,000 in the form of an interest-free loan, repayable only when the property is sold.
Find out if you're eligible for a Home Repairs Assistance Grant by:
Download one of our Home Repairs Assistance Grant info sheets