Disabled Facilities Grants (DFGs) can provide up to £30,000 to help people with a disability pay for a range of necessary improvements and adaptations to their home. The amount awarded is also subject to confirmation of the assessed needs of the disabled person by a suitably qualified professional.
Who can apply?
To apply for a DFG you or someone living in the property must be disabled. A disabled person under the age of 18 is entitled to the maximum £30,000, but if you are 18 or over the amount you can apply for will depend on your income and savings.
You are eligible to apply for a DFG if you receive any of the following:
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independent Payment
- Council Tax Reduction (not single occupancy reduction)
- Income support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Guarantee Pension Credit
If you do not receive any of the above you may still be eligible. Email email@example.com or contact us on 0300 126 7000 to find out.
What type of work is considered?
The grants can fund a wide range of projects including:
- Widening doors
- Installing ramps
- Stairlifts or hoists
- Level access showers
- Ground floor bathroom or bedroom adaptations
- Driveway and parking solutions
- Plus many more.
Find out if you're eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant by:
- Filling in our online referral form
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phoning us on 0300 126 7000
Download one of our Disabled Facilities Grant booklets