Daventry Norse Environmental Services
One of the Council's strategic objectives is to Protect and Enhance the Environment, with aspirations to maintain a clean and tidy environment throughout the District. The quality of the delivery of Environmental Services is important to that achievement.
Daventry District Council (DDC) and Norse Commercial Services have entered into a 10-year agreement to work together in a joint services venture called Daventry Norse. The partnership launched on 4 June, 2018, immediately after the Council’s environmental services contract with Enterprise/Amey ended.
Norse Commercial Services Ltd is owned by Norfolk County Council and already provides services with 15 other local authorities, including Wellingborough.
Under the contract, the Council and Norse share ownership and control of the joint venture to deliver, shape and improve the following frontline services:
- Waste and recycling collections for households and businesses
- Street cleaning – litter picking and street sweeping on public roads and paths, emptying litter and dog bins
- Grounds maintenance, such as cutting grass and maintaining trees, bushes on roadsides and Council land and maintaining play equipment
- Clearing fly-tipping and removing graffiti in public areas
- Maintaining Daventry Country Park
- Operating public toilets in Daventry town centre
The Daventry Norse venture has also involved significant investment in facilities and equipment for environmental services, including a new fleet of vehicles, machinery and equipment and the redevelopment of the environmental depot and offices at High March Daventry.
About Norse Commercial Services
- Started in 1990, Norse Commercial Services is a £200 million turnover company, employing over 10,000 people across England and Wales, and enjoying the long-term financial security of a £2billion+ forward order book.
- The company operates 15 joint ventures with local authorities and provides contract services direct to a wide range of public and private sector clients. Through its unique and powerful combination of public sector ethos and commercial flair, it has built a reputation for cost efficiency, quality and innovation in service delivery.
- In the last five years alone Norse has saved the public purse over £70million, whilst helping to protect front line services, provide job security and generate much needed income for financially stretched local authority partners.
- Norse is committed to responsible business and to thinking about how the services it delivers can improve economic, social and environmental wellbeing. The Norse Way is the Group’s social responsibility strategy is shaped around what matters most to our staff, the business, and wider society and includes strengthening communities, improving skills, being dementia friendly and kind to the environment, buying locally and sustainably and shaping everything we do according to our four values – Quality, Innovation, Respect and Trust.
- Norse provides services including Facilities Management, Cleaning, Catering, Environmental, Waste Collection, Transport, Building Maintenance, Care Equipment, Engineering, Printing, Grounds Maintenance and Security.