Anti-social behaviour is behaviour which causes harassment alarm and/or distress. It can be very damaging to individuals and communities and The Daventry District & South Northamptonshire Community Safety Partnership works together to tackle it.
Types of anti-social behaviour can include:
How to report an incident
Report anti-social behaviour here
We will respond by considering the reported incident, consulting with you and by liaising with partner agencies.
Find out more by downloading our Ant-Social Behaviour Service Standards
Reviewing the response to your case
All victims of anti-social behaviour (ASB) have a right to ask for a review of their case, under something known as the Community Trigger. When certain criteria are met, agencies are required to review how previous complaints of ASB have been dealt with, and what further action (if any) is required.
The trigger can be activated by either the victim themselves or someone on their behalf – such as a carer, family member or councillor. A victim can be an individual, business or community group.
The following criteria must be met:
- There must have been three reported incidents of ASB in the previous six months to a relevant agency (such as the police, council or housing provider)
- Each report must have been made within one month of the alleged incident
- None of the reports can have been anonymous
- Each reported incident must have caused harassment, alarm or distress.
If the criteria is met a review will take place involving the relevant partners. The review will result in one of the following outcomes:
- No further action (which can be appealed)
- Further action identified and prepared into an action plan with appropriate and realistic time scales
- No further action due to impending circumstances – for example awaiting court results.
Please note the Community Trigger is not a complaints process. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of a case contact the relevant organisations and ask for their complaints process.
Activating the Community Trigger
To activate the Community Trigger email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively write to:
Community Partnerships Manager
If you have activated the Community Trigger we will contact your to advise whether the criteria has been met and detail the next steps in the process.