IMPORTANT NOTICE - COVID-19 UPDATE
The Country Park and its car park are open to visitors, but we would urge people to maintain at least a two-metre distance from others while visiting, and to avoid areas if they look too busy.
The play area and outside gym equipment at Daventry Country Park reopen on Saturday 4 July. Please read this guidance and ensure you follow the rules to help keep everyone safe while visiting the play area this summer.
- This is shared equipment and is used at your own risk.
- The equipment is regularly checked for damage and wear and tear but it is not sanitised or disinfected. Please apply hand sanitiser before and after using equipment and encourage children to avoid touching their faces.
- Please ensure children maintain a distance of 2 metres from others unless they are from the same household.
- Children must only use items of equipment by themselves or with members of their own household. The only exception to this is the large fort, which is limited to a maximum of four children at any one time, so long as they maintain social distancing. Signs are in place to remind you of this.
- Where appropriate please wipe equipment after use.
- Don't stay too long on a piece of equipment - let others have a turn.
- If the play area looks too busy, please go for a walk and come back when there are less people.
- If you are wearing disposable PPE or using tissues or wipes, please take them home with you. Do not litter.
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home.
The cafe, visitor centre and toilets are all still closed for refurbishment. We hope to reopen these facilities as quickly as possible, but please be aware that in the meantime there are no toilet facilities on site.
Daventry Country Park is a popular park ideally situated in the urban fringe of Daventry, within one mile of the town centre and easily accessible by car, bicycle or on foot with the benefit of cycle ways and footpaths from the surrounding areas.
With a large reservoir, a cafe selling hot and cold food, an adventure playground, outdoor gym equipment, numerous picnic spots, a nature trail, accessible bird hides, and a wealth of wildlife, Daventry Country Park is a great family day out.
The Park has been awarded the Country Parks Accreditation and also holds a Green Flag Award recognising it as being among the best green spaces in the country.
Find us off Northern Way, Daventry NN11 2JB