Temporary Use Notices

 Temporary Use Notices 

Why do I need a temporary use notice?

A gambling operator may apply for a temporary use notice to use a premise temporarily for gambling where no licence is otherwise in force, such as hotels, exhibition centres, conference centres and sporting venues.

How do I obtain a temporary use notices?

Applicants must hold an appropriate operating licence from the Gambling Commission, and a premises is restricted to being used no more than 21 days in any period of 12 months.


A list of current licence fees can be found on the West Northants Council website.

The application fee should be paid at the time of your application.

Application process

A temporary use notice must be given at least 3 months before the period specified in the temporary event notice.

Download and complete the Application for a Temporary Use Notice (GLP9).

If no objections are received, we will issue your temporary use notice within 10 working days.

Does tacit consent apply if I do not hear anything after 28 days?

Yes, as long as your application was complete, correctly served and we are not waiting for you to send us further information. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from us within 28 days of a full application being submitted.

Temporary Use Notice Activity and Temporary Use Notice Complaints

Should you wish to complain about a temporary use notice activity or temporary use notice holder within the area of West Northants Council (Daventry Area), click on this link for contact details.

Service Complaints, Appeals, Failed Application Redress, Other Redress and Local Government Ombudsman

If you think we have done something wrong or are aggrieved by a decision made by West Northants Council (Daventry Area), please click on this link to see the options available to you.