Occasional Use Notices

Occasional Use Notices 

Why do I need an occasional use notice?

An occasional use notice can be applied for if betting is to take place at a ‘track’, that is a sporting venue such as a race-track or a football ground, where there is no existing betting licence in place.

How do I obtain an occasional use notices?

Download and complete the Application for an Occasional Use Notice (GLP10).

If the event is to take place on consecutive days, separate occasional use notices must be given for each day. No more than 8 occasional use notices can be given in a calendar year.


There is no fee.

The application process

The venue occupier or events administrator should give notice to West Northants Council (Daventry Area) and the Police. No objection may be raised and there is no time restriction on when the notice must be given – it could be given on the day of the event.

We will acknowledge your OUN within 5 working days of receipt.

Does tacit consent apply if I do not hear anything after 28 days?

Yes, as long as your application was complete, correctly served and we are not waiting for you to send us further information. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from us within 28 days of a full application being submitted.

Occasional Use Notice Activity and Occasional Use Notice Complaints

Should you wish to complain about an occasional use notice or occasional use notice holder within the area of West Northants Council (Daventry Area), click on this link for contact details.

Service Complaints, Appeals, Failed Application Redress, Other Redress and Local Government Ombudsman

If you think we have done something wrong or are aggrieved by a decision made by West Northants Council (Daventry Area), please click on this link to see the options available to you.