Gambling Premises Licensing

 Gambling Premises Licencing 

Why do I need a licence? 

The Gambling Act 2005 (Mandatory and Default Conditions) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007requires us licence premises for gambling. The premises that can be licensed for gambling include:

  • casino premises

  • bingo premises

  • betting premises (including tracks)

  • adult gaming centres

  • family entertainment centres

How do I obtain a licence?

Download a premises licence application form and a notice of application form from the GOV.UK Website - Department of Culture, Media and Sport Page - opens in new window, or from here:


A list of current licence fees can be found on the West Northants Council website.

The application fee should be paid at the time of your application.

Application process

Send the licence application, plan of the premises, and fee to West Northants Council (Daventry Area), Licensing.

Send the notice of application to all responsible authorities (GLP8) within seven days of making your application.

Publish a prescribed notice of application in a local newspaper within 10 working days of making your application.

Publish the same prescribed notice of application on the premises, where it can be read by the public from outside. The notice must stay for 28 days, starting from when the application is made.

Does tacit consent apply if I haven't heard anything after 28 days?

No. We must process your application and notify you that a licence / permit has been granted. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please contact us via email or phone.