Small business rate relief
You can get small business rate relief if:
- Your property’s rateable value is less than £15,000
- Your business only uses one property in England – though you may still be able to get relief if you use more.
What you get
You will not pay business rates on a property with a rateable value of £12,000 or less.
For properties with a rateable value of £12,001 to £15,000, the rate of relief will go down gradually from 100% to 0%. For instance if your rateable value is £13,500, you will get 50% off your bill. If your rateable value is £14,000, you will get 33% off.
If you use more than one property
When you get a second property, you’ll keep getting any existing relief on your main property for 12 months.
You can still get small business rate relief on your main property after this if both the following apply:
- None of your other properties have a rateable value above £2,899
- The total rateable value of all your properties is less than £20,000 (£28,000 in London).
Make an application
If you meet the eligibility criteria for small business rate relief but are not currently receiving the relief you should make an application.
Changes in your circumstances
Please be aware you must inform the Council of any changes to your circumstances which could affect your relief. These changes include:
- You have taken up occupation of an additional property
- You occupy an additional property outside of Daventry District which undergoes an increase in its rateable value.